- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 pound ripe peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves or torn basil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over peach mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Here are some ways to incorporate local food into your everyday routine!