- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cut tomatoes in half width-wise.
- Place cut side up in an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Sprinkle with basil and pepper; top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly softened.